QA & Food Safety Manager
Food Safety/Quality Assurance
March 3, 2021
Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Coordinate and support operations with quality assurance, food safety and sanitation programs to assure that regulatory compliance and internal food safety and sanitation standards are met for Brinker brands. Teams effectively with Operations, Facilities and other internal functions to understand and support restaurant food safety and sanitation needs. Uses knowledge base from food science, microbiology and restaurant operations to creatively problem solve and drive continuous food safety improvement in Brinker restaurants. Coordinate with multiple departments with food safety programs with new and existing vendor partners. Work closely with vendors to develop, revise and improve processes appropriate for Brinker Food Safety and Sanitation standards related to restaurant operations, food distribution, chemical use, sanitation, pest control and other quality assurance and food safety programs as assigned.
Your Key Job Functions
- Lead Restaurant Food Safety Programs and collaborate with Operations on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Lead Pest Control Program and collaborate with Operations and Facilities on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide support and expertise to restaurants and internal departments for resolution of issues including health department inquiries and concerns, boil water advisory, pest issues and other emergency situations as needed.
- Develop and/or participate in programs with FDA, USDA, State and Local Health Departments to allow Brinker brands to meet evolving regulatory food safety requirements.
What You Bring to the Team
- At least 3-5 years combined experience in quality assurance or food safety role within a multi-unit restaurant company or public health agency.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent in Environmental Health, Public Health, Biology or other hard science equivalent.
- Certified Food Safety Professional (CP-FS) required. Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage restaurant food safety and sanitation programs with specific knowledge related to food safety operations, sanitation, integrated pest management and regulatory compliance.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of FDA Model Food Code, HACCP, foodborne pathogens, good retail practices and foodborne illness risk factors.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations with impact for executive and senior management.
- Communication Skills: Provide actionable reporting of projects and program status via written reports as well as ability to critique and provide feedback on food safety and sanitation performance in a non-threatening and coaching manner.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage multiple projects to on-time completion with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills: Heightened ability to work collaboratively and build productive relationships with various groups to include internal Brinker disciplines, restaurant operators, Brinker vendors, and regulatory officials.
- Software Aptitude: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers