April 12, 2021
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position is responsible for executing the purchasing activates of Brinker team members for non-food spend categories with a focus on procurement business system data input. This individual will develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners and suppliers to ensure timely processing and receipt of required materials and requests while maintaining compliance with company standards and SOX compliance.
Your Key Job Functions
Manage the overall process for creating and issuing purchase orders and requisitions using appropriate company processes and technology.
- Support New Construction, Facilities and Global teams and other departments with processing product requisitions and generation of purchase orders.
- Monitor orders & communicate order information to requester (Confirmations, tracking, POD, etc.) Identify emergency orders & escalate as necessary
- Coordinate with Category Managers to ensure all suppliers have sufficient products and that they can meet development schedules for Corporate & Franchisees requests.
- Keeps information easily accessible by sorting & filing documents
- Ensure JDE catalogs and pricing are update by working directly with Category Managers and suppliers.
- Assist FF&E Team with reporting as needed
- Provide updates to Supply Chain leadership on day to day processes and key initiates.
- Supervise & Manage difficult projects and product execution as it relates to the purchase process; convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure in a positive and productive manner.
- Purchase process; convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure in a positive and productive manner.
- Ensure that Brinker’s Code of Business Conduct is followed in dealings with all suppliers and distributors.
What you Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent in experience, skills and training.
- JDE Experience highly preferred
- 1-5 years of supply chain experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry preferred. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with foodservice equipment, FFE, signage and related services. KES and consolidation experience is preferred.
- Technical Knowledge – possesses broad and deep technical non-food procurement knowledge including smallwares and equipment as well as service providers.
- Computer Skills - Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and familiarity with JDE software. Must be able to create spreadsheets, use formulas, graph data, and create professional looking output.
- Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal ability to deal independently with Brinker team members and suppliers. Must be capable of synthesizing information and presenting it in format desired and understood by the listener.
- Influencing – Makes an impact on the organization by demonstrating subject matter expertise and influencing others’ actions and results, with or without formal authority.
- Judgment/Decision Making - Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate business judgments based on sound reasoning, problem solving, and financial analysis. Anticipates potential problems through objective and systematic evaluation of information, and quickly decides on the most appropriate action.
- Organization - Strong ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required. Must be able to work on several complex projects simultaneously and proactively re-prioritize projects as needs change.
- Relationship management - Ability to interact effectively both formally and informally; foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, franchise partners, and suppliers. Understands and effectively navigates organizational politics, demonstrates Brinker Cultural Beliefs and uses the Culture of Accountability to accomplish objectives.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential. Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!