Property Development Manager
April 15, 2021
Property Development Manager
What does it mean to be a Brinker Head? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs to drive our 4 key results:
- Feedback’s Priceless - I see more through other’s feedback.
- Own it - I own drive and achieve desired results.
- Win Together - I work across boundaries to achieve results.
- Trust Matters - I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward - I think and act in a manner that achieves balanced results.
Work in collaboration with Real Estate, Architecture, Construction, Finance and Legal partners along with outside consultants to coordinate entitlements, prepare site specific budgets, secure approvals to produce site specific design and construction documents for new restaurant development. Work with Real Estate partners to evaluate potential new sites in preparation for site approvals – including preliminary site plans, layout “fit Tests” and exterior elevations.
Your Key Job Functions:
- Lead and coordinate the due diligence and entitlements for new and remodeled restaurants with landlords/developers, municipalities, Development Team members, internal business partners and outside consultants.
- Make site visits and attend city meetings and public hearings as required for each project.
- Coordinate, track and communicate schedules for development and permit approval timing for new restaurant projects.
- Direct and coordinate consultants in the production of preliminary site plans, site investigation reports and documents for design and landlord submittals, permitting and construction, checking their work for accuracy and conformity to design standards and development requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and input to internal business partners to develop LOIs, leases and budgets for new restaurant development.
- Foster an environment of open communication and collaboration to ensure consistency, refinement and improvement in restaurant design and development processes.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or related field. Technical degree preferred.
- Retail, restaurant or hospitality development management experience preferred.
- Computer literate in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized multi-tasked oriented, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate direction and complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of architectural and / or engineering systems preferred.
- Works effectively as a self-starter, with minimal supervision.
- 5-8 years’ commercial entitlements experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous Discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- Healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym with free membership plus opportunities to participate in Yoga classes and boot camp programs onsite.
- Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Team member volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.