Accounting Analyst II- Credit Card & Gift Card
April 19, 2021
Accounting Analyst II – Credit Cards and Gift Cards
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
The Credit Card and Gift Card Accounting Analyst II will review/ensure the completion of accurate accounting deliverables related to month-end close, forecasting/planning, audit/SOX, ad hoc requests, etc. Critical to success in this position is the ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, meticulous attention to detail, effective communication and relationship-building skills. Exhibits strong planning, coordination, and decision-making skills and the ability to ensure processes and projects are fully completed and documented.
Your Key Job Functions
- Forecasting/Budgeting/Plan efforts related to Credit Cards (fees, bad debt, chargebacks) and Gift Cards, including variance analytics, interpretation and communication.
- Review/approve all Credit Card and Gift Card deliverables – reconciliations, controls, reports, etc.
- Review/approve all month-end Credit Card and Gift Card close deliverables – journal entries, reports, etc.
- Assist with gift card breakage analysis efforts.
- Assist with Audit/SOX functions.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues.
- Serve as a backup for department tasks.
- Assist with Credit Card and Gift Card projects, process changes, etc. as needed.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with other departments to ensure flow of communication, while enhancing processes as needed.
- Anticipate and take action to meet needs of the team.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent business school training.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related Accounting role.
- Accounting systems and Essbase/Smart View experience a plus.
- Possess high professional ethics and adaptability and flexibility as job responsibilities are broadened with experience. Able to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong planning, coordination, decision-making, and follow-up skills. Meticulous attention to detail.