May 6, 2021
Staff Internal Auditor
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Staff Auditor is responsible for planning and executing both financial and operational internal audits. The primary job functions of this position include planning and developing the scope of the audit, conducting fieldwork which includes identifying and quantifying risks as well as assessing and evaluating the internal control environment, preparing audit reports, collaborating with process owners to discuss any audit observations, recommendations for improving risk mitigation strategies, procedures and controls as well as ideas for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the audited area. Support and provide assistance to audit manager and audit team.
Your Key Job Functions
- Plans and conducts individual audit assignments, developing strategy for performing audit tests and evaluating results.
- Ensure that key controls are designed, documented, communicated and operating in compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements.
- Execute audits to assess the effectiveness and application of financial, system and operational controls, the reliability and accuracy of data and information developed, and the adequacy of controls ensuring the safeguarding of assets and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Validate exceptions, investigate root causes, and work with process owners to develop cost effective internal control improvements and help foster a positive control conscious environment.
- Accurately document work performed, audit observations, and conclusions in accordance with work paper documentation standards to support and facilitate efficient and effective reviews.
- Utilize electronic work papers and effectively apply technology in the audit process.
- Summarize and communicate audit results to process owners and maintain effective written and oral communication with all levels of the organization.
- Practice effective planning and organization; complete assignments by established deadline.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other departments
- Promote team environment and work well with others; ability to accept advice and direction and operate in a professional manner.
- Effectively handle special assignments, seek out and accept new responsibilities.
- Maintain knowledge and technical proficiency of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, current auditing standards/practices as well as industry trends and participate in ongoing professional development.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant certification a plus
- Minimum 1-3 years of audit or related work experience including public accounting, consulting, or industry
- 1-3 years of SOX experience Required.
- Proficient knowledge of business process activities including documenting/mapping processes, identifying risks and testing internal controls
- Proficient level of analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal process owners and external resources
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Team-oriented with ability to collaborate and build working relationships across cross-functional departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office based software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!