Sr. Director, Information Security
June 16, 2021
Senior Director of Information Security
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Information Security to be a strategic partner in a senior leadership role on our IT leadership team and across all business channels. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Information Officer and lead all aspects of Information Security. This role will recommend Information Security investments which mitigate cyber and insider risks, strengthen defenses and reduce vulnerabilities for development, internal and guest facing systems and products. The Senior Director of Information Security is responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and security for all computer-based systems and networks across all technical platforms. This team member will work closely with other business groups and stakeholders, including Legal, Internal Audit and Risk Management ensuring the protection of information and assets including data, systems, databases, networks and other resources.
Your Key Job Functions
- Information Security Oversight — Must demonstrate extensive hands-on expertise in all aspects of information security.
- Overseeing and actively managing an information security strategic plan that aligns board of directors and executive management risk tolerance. The plan should consider information security policies, standards, guidelines and controls in compliance with applicable global security and privacy regulations, including, but not limited to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Directing the tactical execution of a comprehensive information security program.
- Providing regular reports that serve to inform on the health of information security programmatic efforts and changing nature of related risks.
- Information Management — Establish, direct and maintain the company’s program for protecting the availability, confidentiality and integrity of its critical IT assets.
- Training & Awareness — Create and manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Threat & Vulnerability Management — Manage and maintain threat and vulnerability assessment and management program.
- Risk Management — Understand the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization and work proactively to balance risk treatment with business priorities and investments.
- Vendor Risk Management — Facilitate the review and verification of all third party vendors, new and ongoing vendor relationships, with respect to their information security policies and procedures.
- Incident Response — Coordinate organizational efforts in response to security events.
- Security Architecture and Engineering — Maintain corporate security strategy and security architecture.
What You Bring to the Team
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. MBA or MS degree a plus.
- 10+ years IT leadership experience.
- 7+ years IT security experience in a restaurant or retail environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!