Sr. PR & Communications Specialist
Corporate Communications / Public Relations
September 2, 2021
Sr. PR & Communications Specialist
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker International, Inc., home of Chili's® Grill & Bar, Maggiano's Little Italy® and It's Just Wings, is looking for a Senior Public Relations & Communications Specialist to support public relations, and external and internal communications. The position requires a strong understanding of proactive public relations, staying up-to-date with the ever-changing media landscape, content creation, trend spotting and a track record of securing coverage. Your time will be spent building relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders, mining for story opportunities, creating media materials, assisting with strategy development and proactive media outreach to support business priorities and build/maintain brand awareness while keeping a pulse on the latest news, trends and reporters. You will support the Sr. PR & Communications Manager with the creation and execution of PR campaigns, sharing stories across the organization, measuring results and will also support the broader corporate communications team with internal communications.
- Support Sr. PR & Communications Manager with the creation and execution of integrated PR strategies, campaigns/plans and social/PR activations that align with company objectives
- Work closely with teams across the organization and agency partners to execute against integrated brand campaigns, projects and initiatives
- Proactively mine for story ideas and pitch angles
- Create content maintaining brand voice, such as press releases, pitches, media alerts, executive bios, fact sheets and press kit materials to effectively tell the brand story
- Understand key needs of the brand's target audiences and tailor messages accordingly
- Pitch and build relationships with local, regional, national and trade media to land earned coverage; monitor results and create coverage reports
- Lead development of PR reporting and coverage highlight reels
- Lead the monitoring of media outlets for company and competitor news; stay informed of key issues and trends impacting the industry and distill meaningful insights from media coverage; proactively share relevant findings internally
- Maintain the PR content calendar
- Build and maintain media lists
- Manage media hotline and inbox requests
- Support crisis and issues communications, as needed
- Support content updates for brand websites; maintain asset library for press
- Participate in larger communications team projects as needed
- Support internal communications by creating content for newsletters, digital boards and other channels to story tell internally
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or related field/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations and/or communications experience required. Advanced education may be considered in lieu of experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead corporate public and media relations and reputation management programs to garner positive media coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Team Members across multiple levels
- Proven writing and storytelling skills with writing samples to show
- Experience and understanding of integrated marketing efforts, including knowledge of new social media trends and pop-culture moments
- A proven track record of securing coverage in local, regional and national outlets
- Experience building media lists using a database, tracking coverage, downloading media clips and reporting
- Well-versed in Associated Press (AP) Style
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time; self-starter who can drive initiatives from start to completion with little guidance
- Team player with proactive and strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines and objectives
- Strong professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations
- Ability to work outside typical 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. timeframe as situations arise; some travel involved
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with email marketing platform(s)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality industry
- Event-planning experience
- Project management experience
- To be considered for this position, you must take a timed writing test and provide writing samples and/or a portfolio of previous work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and contribute to the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Every Guest Counts: I own the Guest experience to ensure they return.
- Food Perfection: I deliver quality food & beverages on time, the best they can be.
- Be Accountable: I execute on the standards expected of me.
- Play Restaurant: I make it fun for the Guest and team; #ChilisLove
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!