Distribution and Logistics Analyst - Contract
October 5, 2021
Distribution and Logistics Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Distribution and Price Verification Analyst delivers brand specific service while ensuring Brinker International's Business Code of Conduct is followed in dealing with all suppliers and distributors, and all internal and external partners.
Your Key Job Functions
- Support Supply Chain efforts to ensure Continuity of Supply to all Brinker restaurants
- Resolve day-to-day distribution service issues and problems. This will require the ability to work after normal business hours (weekends/holidays).
- Facilitate weekly calls with Distribution team to discuss inventory, vendor and product receiving issues
- Maintain report of all issues and resolutions. Review standardized reports to identify systemic issues and trends.
- Identify Continuity of Supply issues and elevate them to Supply Chain stakeholders (Category Managers, Director of Distribution, etc.)
- Engage directly with Vendors and Distributors to track purchase orders and resolve potential Out of Stock situations
- Create and maintain an Inventory Dashboard of key items and report to Leadership
- For key items, track Vendor production volumes and Distribution usage, and prioritize Purchase Orders
What You Bring to the Team
- High School diploma or equivalent + 4 years education beyond high school (BA/BS), or equivalent business school training, or the equivalent in skill and training.
- 5+ year’s food service and/or distribution experience (restaurant or hospitality industry) or equivalent experience in another field or industry.Technical knowledge - proficiency in technical knowledge of product procurement and distribution including agreements, distributor requirements, warehousing, freight, etc. and proficiency interfacing between vendor/customer and supply chain. Ability to quickly gain solid knowledge of all Brinker products, pack sizes, procurement terminology and the distribution & logistics models to include vendors, freight brackets, F.O.B. vs. Delivered pricing.
- Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written ability to deal independently with internal customers and external resources.
- Problem Solving - ability to work through problems and derive effective solutions independently.
- Computer Skills – proficient in Microsoft Office based software, especially Excel and AS400. Ability to quickly learn new software and 3rd-party supplier platforms is a plus.
- Negotiation/Analytical - ability to analyze and interpret data and negotiate distributor overpayment recoveries independently.
- Judgment/Decision Making - ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Ability to prioritize work, as well as pay attention to detail with accuracy and perform multiple tasks with various deadlines simultaneously.
- Budget/Cost Control - general understanding of supply chain budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform fundamental budgeting/cost control processes.
- Other - ability to elicit internal and external support; good interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. High degree of professionalism and initiative.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!