November 11, 2021
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Licensing Manager is generally responsible for resolving applicable licensing issues within their designated territory including (i) securing new liquor licenses and operational permits, (ii) renewing existing liquor licenses and operational permits, (iii) resolving liquor license violations and operational permit violations, (iv) coordinating the liquor licensing and operational permit aspect of special events and advertising promotions, and (v) other related matters.
Your Key Job Functions
- Prepare liquor license applications for new restaurants.
- Process liquor license renewals for existing restaurants.
- Provide guidance on liquor licensing issues including violations, marketing questions and M&A transactions.
- Process officer and manager changes.
- Responsible for special projects and special events.
- Stay apprised of new and existing governmental regulations and restrictions governing the sale, distribution, and use of alcoholic beverages.
- Monitor status of suspended licenses.
- Handle disposition of suspended licenses.
- Maintain and update License Database.
- Maintain and update license files, process related expenses and manage distribution of licenses
- Prepare and submit operational license renewals.
- Maintain and update various licensing documents (i.e. Manager Update, General Questions, Special Events, etc.) and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with state, county and local governmental agencies.
- Provide guidance on operational permit issues including violations.
- Prepare operational permit applications for new restaurants. (e.g., business licenses, etc.).
- Some travel may be required.
What You Bring to the Team
- High School graduate and some college preferred.
- At least 3 years legal experience or 2-3 years accounting experience in a large corporate environment. Previous licensing experience a plus.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize time sensitive workload.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely articulate and convey ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work after hours as needed.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Computer literate.
- We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
- Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
- Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn