General Liability Claims Adjuster
December 9, 2021
GL Claims Adjuster
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Supports Brinker’s General Liability claims programs by providing quality claims handling and superior customer service on assigned claims. Evaluates loss exposure and makes adequate reserve recommendations based on claim investigation. Determines liability and impacts Sales and Profits by resolving claims while minimizing loss exposure and mitigating expense. Completes administrative duties as required to facilitate the program.
Your Key Job Functions
- Investigate reported customer incidents
- Complete 3-Point contact with the guest(s), manager, and witnesses within 24 hours of notice
- Interview guest(s), restaurant management and witnesses to gather all facts regarding the event
- Assess information gathered for early identification of potential high-severity claims
- Evaluate liability and damages exposure and establish proper loss and expense reserves
- Take recorded statements as appropriate, conduct interviews of witnesses
- Preserve evidence chain of custody as appropriate
- Review cases for subrogation potential and pursue as directed by supervisor
- Review cases for potential 3rd party tender
- Run claim index reports (ISO)
- Create and maintain case files in an organized, systematic manner
- Prepares appropriate correspondence in approved format including contact and denial letters
- Maintain effective diary management system to ensure that all claims are handled in a timely manner
- Escalate concerns or issues to the General Liability Claims Supervisor
- Communicate with the assigned insurance broker and/or carrier as directed
- Responsible for management of non-liquor related litigated claims
- Resolve litigated and non-litigated claims within applicable settlement authority levels, obtaining releases per claim handling guidelines
- Inform claimants of denials when applicable
- Utilize Be Our Guest certificates to resolve guest incidents as appropriate
- Establish rapport and build relationships with both internal and external customers
- Explain claims adjustment process to manage guest expectations
- Identify cases requiring surveillance
- Return calls for assistance within 24 hours
- Identify claims requiring notice to carrier and facilitate in conjunction with insurance broker
- Provide feedback as appropriate to Loss Prevention on potential safety opportunities identified during investigations
- Provide reporting and analysis based on productivity and results metrics
- Prepares for and participates in file reviews and claim audits as required
- Complete additional projects and assignments as requested by supervisor
What You Bring to the Team
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Texas Property & Casualty Adjuster’s license required
- Risk or Insurance professional designations preferred but not required
- User level familiarity with IBM PC and business software (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word) required
- User level familiarity with Risk Management Information Systems (claims handling software) required
- Litigation experience required
- 5-7 years Casualty claims handling experience required
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) may be required to support investigations, mediations, trials, etc.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers