Manager IT Tabletop and Handheld Systems
July 22, 2022
Manager IT, Tabletop and Handheld Systems
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker is seeking an experienced Manager/Product Owner to lead the Tabletop and Team Member Handheld system initiatives on the IT Digital Guest Systems team. This role will work with the business partners, IT team members and vendor partners on a multi-year roadmap within the Digital Guest Experience program. This program consists of projects which will enable Brinker to deliver a robust and relevant Guest and Team Member Experiences across our corporate and franchise locations. Key areas include: new hardware/software definition and testing/rollout, vendor partner oversight and accountability, secure payment, solutions focused on Guest and Team Member experience efficiencies and innovation.
The Manager/Product Owner will be the primary relationship manager between multiple IT, Marketing, Operations, Accounting teams and external vendor teams; ensuring success when working on maintaining and innovating the existing systems and when working on new initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be the strong liaison between the business and development teams to ensure a transparent and productive workflow environment.
- Collaborate with multiple IT, Marketing, Operations, Accounting teams and external vendor teams on roadmaps and backlog items, priority and preferred timing.
- Formally document and communicate high-level roadmaps, detailed backlog and story requirements to multiple IT, Marketing, Operations, Accounting and external vendor teams on a regular cadence for alignment and approval.
- Provide leadership through all phases of SDLC: requirements gathering, design sessions, coding, code reviews/unit testing, test support/UAT and deployment planning and execution, including resolution of post-production issues.
- Identify and orchestrate tasks and timelines for all contributing teams (vendor teams, development, restaurant technology, enterprise data, enterprise services, restaurant training, corporate communication) to meet the product’s solution-delivery schedule.
- Communicate and collaborate with Quality Assurance teams on requirements and timing and contribute to defect triage process.
- Lead UAT sessions with product stakeholders to ensure all requirements have been properly delivered.
- Formally communicate timeline, progress/status, releases and risks to Business and IT partners and leadership teams.
- Maintain a relationship with the IT Service Desk and Guest Engagement managers and team – updating the team regularly on upcoming releases, new functionality, bugs and FAQs.
- Collaborate with enterprise governance, security, risk and compliance functions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including detailed analysis of build vs. buy options.
- Provide leadership to the development teams: communicating sprint goals and tactical objectives, making key decisions, removing all obstacles to successful product/project delivery and providing performance feedback.
- Where necessary, gather an initiative’s technical level of effort and estimated costs from all participating teams and manage spend of approved budget.
- Recommend internal IT operational practices and procedures to improve application development, remediation, and infrastructure system efficiencies.
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years experience in a technical leadership role, leading projects or development teams.
- Detailed functional understanding of Digital Marketing applications, interfaces and business processes.
- Strong SDLC experience.
- Customer centric; listening, understanding and responding to customer needs while being committed to the customer first philosophy, including both internal and external customers.
- Highly self-motivated to accomplish team goals in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at senior leadership levels.
- Exhibit the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome unforeseen obstacles to achieve desired results.
- Hospitality or Retail experience a plus.
- BS/BA degree or Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent formal training or work experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers