August 29, 2022
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This individual is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely monthly restaurant P&L statements. This position requires knowledge of financial and accounting processes on a GAAP basis. She/he will manage several tasks concurrently and should be proficient in being able to quickly troubleshoot, work independently and provide practical solutions to problems. This position requires daily interaction with Restaurant management and internal team members and requires strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
Your Key Job Functions
• Provide level one support to Brinker restaurant operations management teams, including but not limited to Inventory questions/clarifications, problem-solving, research and ad hoc operations requests
• Provide front-line/customer-facing support to Brinker team members, supplier partners and third-party service providers
• Perform end of period trend analysis on P&L account categories and research P&L detail
• Prepare and update recurring journal entries
• Utilize critical thinking and research skills to resolve issues and identify opportunities
• Enforce Company policy where appropriate
• Support training of third-party outsource provider on new processes and ongoing functional issues that arise
• Support timely and accurate review and sign-off of journal entries and reconciliations
• Perform some specific balance sheet reconciliations
• Support ad hoc reporting and audit schedules as requested
• Support payroll functions, such as researching payroll issues and correcting suspense accounts
• Support monitoring, maintaining and reconciling of all brand charity initiatives
What You Bring to the Team
• College degree preferred or equivalent work related experience
• College-level advanced accounting required
• At least 3 years experience in relevant accounting functions
• General ledger knowledge required
• Customer service experience required
• Financial Reporting and GAAP knowledge a plus
• Display knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger systems; ability to apply principles to job responsibilities
• Strong team and customer focus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels to accomplish department/group objectives
• Ability to work independently and make quick decisions that are appropriate for the situation
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational skills to manage and accomplish competing tasks
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers