Team Member Relations Agent
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
September 14, 2022
Team Member Relations Agent
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The job done by the Team Member Relations agent includes answering of both inbound calls, emails, and text chat. A Team Member Relations agent must be proactive in responding to and handling of various complaints and inquiries from the Team Member. Within the working hours, a Team Member Relations agent must be available to respond to Team Members. An agent works in different shifts with varying working hours and needs to sit in front of computer screens for long hours. He or she must be fully aware of the company’s policies and procedures. An agent must be confident, outgoing and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. He or she must also be a team-oriented person who is open minded and willing to learn and who has the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced work environment. It is also vital that an agent is articulate with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to easily establish rapport with Team Members. The work schedule for this agent will be on weekdays from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. with flexibility to work extended hours or holidays as needed.
Your Key Job Functions
- Engage Team Members by responding to Team Members to ensure Team Members feel supported.
- Evaluate /interpret information quickly using thorough knowledge of business policies and procedures.
- Build rapport with Team Members by greeting them in a courteous, friendly and professional manner using approved procedures and scripts – effectively manage flow of conversation.
- Listen attentively to Team Member needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy.
- Prepare complete and accurate work and update Team Member file.
- Communicate effectively with Team Members to ensure high quality and timely resolution of requests and issues.
- Effectively transfer misdirected Team Member to escalate their requests to the appropriate department.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the Team Member and/or improve productivity.
- Participate in activities designed to improve Team Member engagement and business performance.
- Able to handle calls in a high-pressure environment.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of valuable/proprietary information.
- Should be capable of handling issues and complaints by providing solutions to the Team Members, preferably with first contact resolution, while maintaining Brand image.
- Should be fully aware of information related to the policy and procedures of the organization.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Determines when to resolve issue with Team Member and when to escalate to Team Member Relations supervisor, manager, or Director, etc., based on nature of complaint.
- Compose written responses to Team Member that support company policy and principles.
- Contacts team members by telephone or through other technology (as needed) for clarity and investigation of issues.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through other’s feedback
- Own it – I own, drive, and achieve desired results
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve results
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner that achieves balanced results
What You Bring to the Team
- 2-3 years in a customer service environment.
- Restaurant experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College experience or degree a plus.
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft applications as well as web-based applications.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance.
- Must be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Solid work ethic.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.