Consumer Insights Manager
November 29, 2022
Consumer Insights Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
This individual will be responsible for conducting marketing research to support key organizational objectives domestically. Drives the voice of the customer via custom marketing research support, identifying opportunities, and translating them into clear priorities to improve brand position and performance in the marketplace. Reports to the Director of Consumer Insights.
Your Key Job Functions
- Monitor consumer trends to guide strategy and ideation.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to:
- Measure menu satisfaction
- Screen and develop new products
- Test advertising concepts and marketing communications
- Design, implement, and monitor consumer research studies, managing projects with external market research companies and appropriate internal resources.
- Lead analysis and presentation of research findings, providing recommendations for brand-building actions. Important focus on translating research data into real insight and ultimately leading to action that builds the brand and drives business performance.
- Works in close partnership with internal cross-functional teams, external market research vendors, and advertising agencies.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Business Administration, or Social Sciences. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years of restaurant or retail research; and/or advertising agency account planning experience.
- Specific project experience in: brand positioning research, advertising testing, traditional focus groups, and online boards.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative / analytical skills.
- Ability to design, implement, and analyze primary research with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and insight identification skills, with the ability to generate actionable recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work directly with brand managers, outside suppliers, and present to Senior Leadership teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Experience with programming software a strong plus.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Team member volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.