Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
December 13, 2022
Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Responsible for gathering data and preparing documents required by the SEC for external financial reporting including the 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K. Additionally, this position will be responsible for other areas assigned, which could include intercompany, debt, share-based compensation, property accounting, other gains/losses, foreign currency translation and various ad hoc requests. This position will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
Your Key Job Functions
- Assist in the preparation of 10-K, 10-Q, and press release filings with the SEC, including the financial statements and related notes as well as the Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Preparation and/or review of tie out support for 10-K, 10-Q, and press release.
- Preparation and/or review of income statement analysis and balance sheet analysis.
- Filing of quarterly and annual documents with the SEC using reporting compliance platform.
- Monthly close procedures, including any required journal entries, account reconciliations and other schedules related to areas assigned.
- Research relevant accounting guidance for areas assigned.
- Regular communication with the auditors.
- Maintain appropriate SOX compliance documentation.
- Complete various ad hoc projects.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Three or more years experience in public accounting and/or in a public company preferred.
- CPA candidate preferred, not required.
- Experience with reporting compliance platform such as Workiva preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information.
- Proficient in Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers