December 14, 2022
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Accounting Specialist will provide day-to-day Disbursements accounting and administrative support. This position is the primary liaison to Brinker’s Corporate support and outsourcing partners. Requires knowledge of multiple disbursements processes and systems, also including restaurant’s accounting systems, 3rd party vendor portals, and imaging applications. Individuals in this position are called upon to analyze, troubleshoot and provide practical solutions to inquiries and disputes, with a focus on exceeding customer expectations. This position occasionally requires overtime.
Your Key Job Functions
- Provide front-line/customer-facing support to Brinker team members, supplier partners and third party service providers.
- Utilize critical thinking and research skills to resolve escalations.
- Support governance meetings with third-party outsource providers to ensure service levels are met and maintained and ensure accurate and quality processes.
- Train third-party outsource provider on new processes and ongoing functional issues that arise.
- Monitor assigned work queue(s) according to guidelines.
- Analyze accuracy of due diligence for restaurant payments.
- Work with third-party service providers to ensure proper administration of front-end document imaging.
- Facilitate timely and accurate invoice approvals.
- Interact and coordinate with offshore team on a daily basis
- Perform quality and control audit reviews of all processes in assigned area.
- Identify and facilitate special handling and payment of urgent invoices requiring same day or next day payments, as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental and company accounting policies and procedures and be able to apply knowledge in daily activities.
- Facilitate ad hoc reporting and audit requests.
- Identify and route incoming mailed invoices and statements to image supplier partner.
- Code and deposit funds returned from Brinker’s supplier partners.
- Serve as subject matter expert during the testing of new processes and help transition other team members.
What You Bring to the Team
- 2+ years Accounting experience
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Degree in Accounting is preferable
- Accounting systems experience a plus
- Knowledge of accounting rules, policies and procedures
- Possess high professional ethics
- Provide superior guest service
- Problem-solve and resolve issues quickly
- Adaptability and flexibility as job responsibilities are broadened with experience
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers