Leave of Absence Specialist
January 19, 2023
Leave of Absence Specialist
Dallas TX (Coppell)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Leave of Absence Specialist will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, salary continuation and other various leave policies.
Your Key Job Functions
- Communicates with Team Members regarding their needs for leave. Ensures the Team Members are aware of their responsibilities and of any required documentation and/or notifications to qualify for leaves.
- Daily hands-on leaves of absence administration and ADA accommodations.
- Applies State and Federal leave laws including FMLA, USERRA, ADA to policies and administration of requests.
- Maintains communication with Team Members to facilitate smooth and timely return to work and communicates with the Team Member’s manager during t he leave within reason.
- Advises managers, peers and Team Members on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, salary continuation, long-term benefits and other leave policies.
- Recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete and accurate leave records
- Preserves confidentiality of Team Member medical documentation and files
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role required.
- Strong knowledge of leave of absence to include multi state leave administration
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite, mostly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft or Other HRIS experience.
- Knowledgeable in areas of ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, and PPACA,
- Bachelor’s degree or professional certification (CEBS,CBP, PHR, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player receptive to rapid change, flexible thinking.
- Understanding of workplace employee relations and confidentiality/sensitivity requirements.
- Ability to work independently, with limited or no supervision.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers