Paralegal - Litigation
May 4, 2023
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This opportunity is more than just routine paralegal work. Brinker International is seeking a talented litigation paralegal who can put their experience to practical use managing a portfolio of employment-related claims and assisting with compliance initiatives as part of a team supporting 60,000+ Team Members across more than 1,200 restaurants.
Your Key Job Functions
· Assist in all aspects of employment claims and litigation management
· Communicate efficiently and effectively with restaurant Team Members and leaders, in-house counsel, and outside counsel
· Facilitate and coordinate the intake and set up of new matters
· Collect, review, and produce requested records
· Review and edit administrative filings, pleadings, and discovery responses
· Gather, organize, and analyze case data and factual information
· Provide support for employment-related compliance initiatives
· Advocacy. Problem Solving. Hospitality. Teamwork. Ownership & Accountability.
What You Bring to the Team
· Experience working in in-house legal department or private law firm
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
· Ability to learn quickly and to work efficiently
· Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred
· Experience with labor & employment litigation strongly preferred
· Experience with corporate compliance a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn