Executive Assistant to CEO
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
October 20, 2023
Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This person will be providing executive level support for the Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Assistant will work under minimal supervision and perform a variety of administrative duties, day-to-day project responsibilities and serve as an advisor to leader. Their ability to navigate shifting priorities with confidence and ease will be key to success. This requires the assistant to have the utmost initiative and responsibility to make independent decisions with discretion regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of own work and that of the executive. Success in this role includes being proactive, highly organized and skilled in multi-tasking, passionate about providing support, a strong team player, interpersonal skills and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Your Key Job Functions
- Serving as advisor and counsel to leader
- Assumes day-to-day responsibility for various projects and tasks
- Create and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with Team Members, Board Members, and external relationships.
- Draft, proofread and edit internal and external communications, reports, presentations and other written materials.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Schedule and coordinate department meetings, team meetings, events and 1:1’s.
- Receive phone calls and guest visitors. Personally takes care of many diverse matters and questions, including answering questions, which could require some research and technical knowledge.
- Maintain the Chief Executive Officer’s heavy scheduled calendar, including personal and professional.
- Coordinates schedules for CEO to maximize time and create efficiencies.
- Responsibility for contact and exposure to sensitive information and must use considerable tact, diplomacy and judgment.
- Manage all travel planning and expense reporting.
- Protects CEO signature in all matters.
- As the CEO liaison, demonstrate passion for hospitality and customer service in all business interactions.
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for board and board committee meetings. Previous board contact and scheduling experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and appropriately with board members and executive staff.
- Flexibility for ad-hoc scheduling requests
- Open availability based on business needsAbility to travel as needed
What You Bring to the Team
· 7+ years’ experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant supporting executive level leaders and departments.
- College degree preferred.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity, inspires trust, and takes personal accountability for decisions and projects.
- Effectively prioritizes workload.
- Ability to write, edit, and proofread with precision on his behalf.
- Strong follow-through skills and a creative, strategic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to accurately interpret business and financial data, prepare accurate correspondence and maintain accurate records and files.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across boundaries.
- Basic understanding of financial, budget and other business data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2010 based software including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with upmost discretion.
- Must have some flexibility of work schedule.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers