Manager - Finance
November 15, 2023
Manager – Finance
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position will provide medium to complex data insight and financial analysis support on various initiatives on the Chili’s brand. This will include ad hoc analyses, trend analyses, and reporting related to business results. Candidate will coach our restaurant leadership teams through the use of operational business tools, provide line-item insights, and/or lead menu, marketing, and culinary financial assessments. Analyses produced by this person will be used to make forward-looking decisions affecting sales, profits, team members, and guests.
Your Key Job Functions
· Provide guidance and coaching on key business tools used by restaurant operations.
· Provide key insights from data analysis to ensure all programs effectively support operational initiatives.
· Proactively search out opportunities for operational improvement through analysis of trends and report to customers in an organized, easily understood format.
· Provide analysis, tracking, and reporting of trends in key operating areas with established performance benchmarks.
· Perform review and analysis of P&L results vs. expectations and identify operational steps necessary to improve sales and increase profitability.
· Perform menu, special feature, and promotional item forecasts, guest preference projections, and performance evaluations.
· Provide financial perspective on menu additions and deletions, including item costing, positioning considerations, pricing recommendations, and risks.
· Utilize Mastercard/APT advanced software (Test and Learn) to perform benchmarking, test versus control analysis and partner with execution team to ensure accurate test readouts while providing recommendations based on test results.
· Maximize reporting efficiencies to enable timely and effective analysis of results.
· Determine feasibility and/or return on existing programs and proposed programs.
· Act as a key contact for Chili’s Operational and Corporate teams with special requests of analyses which will be instrumental in decisions made to improve operational results.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Business Analytics, Marketing, or Economics).
- MBA a plus.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Operational Finance experience preferred.
- Restaurant menu, marketing, and culinary Finance experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel required. Smartview experience preferred.
- Ability to work with large data sets, enabling efficient and effective analyses.
- Working knowledge of other MS Office applications required.
- Mastercard/APT Test and Learn, Tableau, and/or SQL experience a plus.
- Ability to create advanced financial models.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong analytical/critical thinking skills, and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and able to build trusting relationships.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers