Property Development Manager
January 17, 2024
Property Development Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales
and Increasing Profits. Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Work in collaboration with Real Estate, Architecture, Construction, Finance and Legal partners along with outside consultants to coordinate entitlements, prepare site specific budgets, secure approvals to produce site specific design and construction documents for new restaurant development. Work with Real Estate partners to evaluate potential new sites in preparation for site approvals – including preliminary site plans, layout “fit Tests” and exterior elevations.
Your Key Job Functions
• Lead and coordinate the due diligence and entitlements for new and remodeled restaurants
with landlords/developers, municipalities, Development Team members, internal business
partners and outside consultants.
• Make site visits and attend city meetings and public hearings as required for each project.
• Coordinate, track and communicate schedules for development and permit approval timing for
new restaurant projects.
• Direct and coordinate consultants in the production of preliminary site plans, site investigation
reports and documents for design and landlord submittals, permitting and construction,
checking their work for accuracy and conformity to design standards and development
• Provide technical expertise and input to internal business partners to develop LOIs, leases
and budgets for new restaurant development.
• Foster an environment of open communication and collaboration to ensure consistency,
refinement and improvement in restaurant design and development processes.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or related field. Technical degree preferred.
• Retail, restaurant or hospitality development management experience preferred.
• Computer literate in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
• Highly organized multi-tasked oriented, excellent communication skills.
• Ability to communicate direction and complex ideas clearly and concisely.
• Knowledge of architectural and / or engineering systems preferred.
• Works effectively as a self-starter, with minimal supervision.
• 5-8 years of commercial entitlements experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential. Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer
opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn