Talent Selection Manager (Chili's Mountain Region)
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
February 1, 2024
Talent Selection Manager – Chili’s Mountain Region
Must live in/or be relocatable to the Mountain market (CO, UT, AZ, NV, ID, WA, MT)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales
and Increasing Profits. Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Talent Selection Manager – Midwest will manage the full life cycle recruitment process for professional restaurant managers in partnership with the regions this person will support. This person will focus on the development of search strategies, identify, source, and evaluate prospective candidates, interview and recommend candidates, conduct reference and background checks, assist with candidate closing/relocation, and the transition of new
managers into the organization.
Your Key Job Functions
• Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate current talent, conduct needs assessments and develop strategic staffing plans.
• Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and team members.
• Actively involved in succession planning discussions with PeopleWorks Partners and Director of Operations.
• In an inspiring way, communicate the company’s vision and culture for potential restaurant managers.
• Initiate and develop a recruiting plan to meet both quality and quantity of management staffing needs.
• Source qualified and diverse Restaurant Management candidates through effective use of all sourcing, including: direct sourcing, networking, college recruitment, job fair recruitment, and internet-based recruitment methods to meet operational staffing needs.
• Collaborate with PeopleWorks Partners and Director of Operations to meet diversity initiatives.
• Effective recruitment of candidates through cost effective budgetary recruitment techniques.
• Conduct in-depth first interview of candidates and review all assessment results to determine potential fit with organization.
• Follow business rules in relation to background investigations, including reference and background checks on all candidates scheduled for a final interview.
• Coordinate candidate interview process with Director of Operations and General Managers.
• Support internal candidates and facilitate the entire management interview process.
• Negotiate final position requirements (salary, relocation, etc.) with manager candidates and extend offers to candidates.
• Send out new hire packets including management training materials a timely manner.
• Responsible for monthly and weekly status reports, ensuring the distribution to appropriate parties.
• Ensure database files are updated regularly to track status of candidates and that all steps of interview process are accomplished prior to offers.
What You Bring to the Team
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business, Psychology or related field is preferred.
• Five to seven years recruiting and staffing experience with a proven track record of successful recruitment skills. Restaurant or retail management recruitment experience preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of appropriate Human Resource laws that affect recruiting.
• Strong communication skills with exceptional time management and organizational capabilities that can drive the full-cycle recruitment process independently.
• Proactive sourcing experience with strong negotiating skills with the ability to direct source candidates from competitors and participate in networking events.
• Knowledge of internet sites and proficient computer skills including MS Office.
• Exceptional customer service mentality with a proven record of successfully building and maintaining partnerships with managers.
• Must have the understanding of the recruiting market as a whole and individual regions in particular. Must demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
• Must have strong project management, planning, and organization skills.
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of Human Resources work.
• Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, career fairs, and other travel as assigned while maintaining a flexible work schedule.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for
annual bonus potential. Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer
opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn