Manager - Chili's Finance
February 5, 2024
Manager – Chili's Finance
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales
and Increasing Profits. Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position will support the Chili’s Brand and will play a key role in providing medium to complex data insight and financial analysis support on various brand initiatives. This Team Member will be responsible for supply chain forecasting & analysis, brand sales analysis, food and beverage breakeven/trade analysis, item/recipe costing, pricing strategy and execution, as well as trend/variance analyses and reporting related to business results. In addition, this Team Member will be a crucial part of cross-functional decisions providing data analysis & perspective for culinary financial assessments, menu merchandising, and a variety of marketing tactics.
Your Key Job Functions
• Provide data and/or guidance to marketing team to evaluate impact to business.
• Provide key insights from data analysis to ensure all initiatives effectively support organization goals.
• Proactively search out opportunities for sales growth or margin improvement (RGM) through analysis and collaboration with multiple cross functional teams.
• Perform menu, special feature, and promotional item forecasts for Supply Chain.
• Provide guest preference projections and performance evaluations.
• Provide financial perspective on menu additions and deletions, including food item & recipe costing, positioning considerations, pricing recommendations, and risks.
• Provide analysis, tracking, and reporting of trends in key financial metrics with established performance benchmarks. Report to key stakeholders in an organized, easily understood format.
• Perform review and analysis of P&L results vs. expectations and identify operational steps necessary to improve sales and increase profitability.
• Utilize Mastercard/APT advanced software (Test and Learn) to perform benchmarking, test versus control analysis and partner with execution team to ensure accurate test readouts, while providing recommendations based on test results.
• Maximize reporting efficiencies to enable timely and effective analysis of results.
• Determine feasibility and/or return on existing programs and proposed programs.
• Act as a key contact for Chili’s Operational and Corporate teams with special requests of analyses which will be instrumental in decisions made to improve results.
What You Bring to the Team
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Finance, Business Analytics, Marketing, or Economics). Master’s Degree in Finance or MBA a plus.
• 5+ years related work experience.
• Operational Finance experience and/or Industry knowledge preferred.
• Restaurant menu, marketing, pricing and culinary Finance experience preferred.
• Advanced Excel skills required. SmartView/Essbase experience preferred.
• Skilled at working with large data sets, enabling efficient and effective analyses.
• Working knowledge of other MS Office applications required.
• Mastercard/APT Test and Learn, Tableau, and/or SQL experience a plus.
• Ability to create advanced financial models.
• Possess intellectual curiosity, strong analytical/critical thinking skills, and are detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles while building trusting relationships with cross-functional partners.
• Motivated self-starter and ability to work independently.
• Well organized with the ability to plan effectively, manage time, and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for
annual bonus potential. Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer
opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn