Accounting Manager A/R Franchise
May 23, 2023
Accounting Manager A/R Franchise
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Accounts Receivable Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of four onsite and eight offshore team members supporting accounts receivable functions. This position requires knowledge of accounts receivable and franchise processes, the ability to multi-task and to solve problems. It requires a high level of customer service as it requires interaction with restaurant managers, franchise partners, internal team members and third-party service providers.
Your Key Job Functions
· Manage, lead, coach, train and motivate a diverse team of A/R professionals (onshore and offshore) to ensure timely and accurate recording of lockbox receipts, home delivery receivables, catering receivables, billings, franchise and third-party fee assessment and franchise sales and royalties
· Manage the timely and efficient weekly and month-end accounting processes to ensure accuracy of financial data
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting of franchise sales and work closely with Franchise Operations regarding billings, collections and resolution of any issues
· Perform analysis to determine appropriate write-off of uncollectible amounts
· Perform reconciliations of receivable balances
· Analyze, evaluate and implement, as necessary, previously identified process improvements related to the Accounts Receivable process and perform quality and control audit reviews of all processes
· Be an Accounting liaison to third party and franchise business partners to foster positive relationships
· Represent Accounts Receivable on project teams
· Perform ad hoc reporting as it arises
· Ensure SOX compliance and manage internal and external audits
What You Bring to the Team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Experience in an Accounting/Accounts Receivable role with supervisory experience
· Skilled in communicating technical accounting subject matter with internal and external partners (one-on-one, written and verbal)
· Align day-to-day operations of a team with company’s goals to ensure alignment, along with consistent and appropriate controls to deliver quality data
· Think and act strategically
· Adaptability and flexibility as job responsibilities are broadened with experience
· Improve current processes
· Provide superior guest service
· Problem-solve and resolve issues quickly
· A/R and Subledger experience
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn