Corporate Communications / Public Relations
November 9, 2021
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker International, Inc., home of Chili’s® Grill & Bar, Maggiano’s Little Italy® and It’s Just Wings, is looking for a communications specialist with excellent writing chops to support internal and external communications for Brinker and its brands. As a member of the team, you’ll have exposure to public relations, internal communications, social activations and design. You will assist the Sr. Communications Manager with the execution of internal and external communication strategy and campaigns for Brinker’s Restaurant Support Center (RSC) and Maggiano’s. You’ll learn how communications holistically comes together and have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful internal and external communications projects. Plus, you’ll have an integral role working with multiple departments and exposure to how projects go from ideation into execution for Guests and Team Members.
Your Key Job Functions
- Support Sr. Communications Manager with managing content from idea, to draft, to publication. May manage content development cycle on own.
- Support writing and editing communications content for multiple brands and channels: internal communications, website content, media pitches, press releases, scripts, presentations, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan, write and edit engaging content, ensuring consistency in voice and tone of messaging.
- Understand key needs of target audiences and tailor messages accordingly.
- Help analyze communication effectiveness benchmarks and maintain archives.
- Collaborate with a variety of Team Members at all levels of the organization and meet
deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Lead planning, scheduling, design and posting of digital board screen content at Brinker’s RSC.
- Maintain communications materials and resources on the intranet site.
- Develop and post content for Brinker’s LinkedIn page to help attract, engage, and retain Team Members and potential candidates.
- Support process of quarterly earnings PR in partnership with Sr. Communications Manager and investor relations.
- Support public relations strategy, including proactive and reactive media relations, for Brinker International and Maggiano’s Little Italy. Tasks will include building media lists, drafting written material and pitching media.
- Research speaking and/or award opportunities to support executive and company thought leadership.
- Maintain and write executive bios and maintain headshots for internal and external use.
- Research and maintain relationships with select national, local and trade media contacts.
- Support spokesperson media training and preparation for internal and external speaking opportunities or interviews, including creating media backgrounders and interview prep materials.
- Work cross-functionally with Chili’s Public Relations Manager and other Team Members to ensure message consistency and leverage storytelling across Brinker, Chili’s and Maggiano’s brands.
- Support internal and external storytelling through various media.
- Support larger communications team on various projects as needed.
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Team Members across multiple levels;
- Proven writing and storytelling skills, with writing samples to show
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Self-starter who can drive initiatives from start to completion with little guidance
- Creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Team player with a proactive and strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Strong professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers