December 22, 2021
Manager – Finance
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engage Team Members, Bring Back Guests, Grow Sales and Increase Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position will provide medium to complex data insight and financial analysis support on various initiatives on the Chili’s brand. This will include ad hoc analyses, trend analyses, and reporting related to business results. A successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in menu, marketing, and culinary financial assessments coupled with an ability to provide operational line-item insights. Analyses produced by this person will be used to make forward-looking decisions affecting sales, profits, team members, and guests.
Your Key Job Functions
- Perform menu, special feature, and promotional item forecasts, guest preference projections, and performance evaluations.
- Provide financial perspective on menu additions and deletions, including item costing, positioning considerations, pricing recommendations, and risks.
- Provide key insights from data analysis to ensure all programs effectively support operational initiatives.
- Provide analysis, tracking, and reporting of trends in key operating areas with established performance benchmarks.
- Utilize APT advanced software to perform benchmarking, test versus control analysis and partner with testing committee to ensure accurate test readouts while providing recommendations based on test results.
- Maximize reporting efficiencies to enable timely and effective analysis of results.
- Perform review and analysis of P&L results vs. expectations and identify operational steps necessary to improve sales and increase profitability.
- Determine feasibility and/or return on existing programs and proposed programs.
- Proactively search out opportunities for operational improvement through analysis of trends and report to customers in an organized, easily understood format.
- Act as a key contact for Chili’s Operational and Corporate teams with special requests of analyses which will be instrumental in decisions made to improve operational results.
A successful candidate can demonstrate and bring to life our cultural beliefs:
- Every Guest Counts – I own the Guest experience to ensure they return.
- Food Perfection – I deliver quality food and beverages on time, the best they can be.
- Be Accountable – I execute on the standards expected of me
- Play Restaurant – I make it fun for the Guest and team. #ChilisLove
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Business Analytics, Marketing, or Economics).
- MBA a plus.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Restaurant menu, marketing, and culinary Finance experience preferred. Operational Finance experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel required. Data mining with Smartview experience preferred.
- Knowledge of other MS Office applications required.
- APT and/or Tableau experience a plus.
- Ability to create advanced financial models.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong analytical/critical thinking skills, and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and able to build trusting relationships.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite state of the art gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with company sponsored events. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.