April 10, 2023
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture, and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve, and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests, and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales, and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
We are looking for a Public Relations/Corporate Communications Manager to develop, implement and coordinate effective external communication strategies and plans that support company goals and initiatives. You’ll work cross functionally and collaboratively with key partners on other teams and areas of the business to successfully develop, integrate and execute communication plans. We’re looking for a team player with outstanding writing skills as well as experience managing crises.
Key Job Functions
Strategy and Planning
- Support development of strategies and tactics that differentiate and raise awareness of Brinker and its brands.
- Provide thought leadership by offering seasoned perspective on best practices, identifying process improvement opportunities, and planning long-term strategies and initiatives to support company objectives and key priorities.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Social/Marketing and other departments to work cross-functionally and effectively plan and integrate PR/Communications initiatives.
- Provide knowledge and insights on new and emerging media, spokespeople and trends to develop and implement effective PR/Communications strategies.
- Write and edit creative, compelling content maintaining brand voice, such as website copy, press releases, pitches, media alerts, media backgrounders, executive bios, LinkedIn posts, award entries and talking points to effectively tell the brand’s story. Ensure all communications have appropriate context and relevance to target audiences.
- Establish and maintain relationships with targeted media to support storytelling and company objectives; pitch targeted media/outlets for editorial coverage; coordinate interviews between media and subject matter experts.
- Brief and prepare leaders/spokespeople for media interviews/opportunities.
- Drive PR/Communications measurement, coverage tracking, and analysis of programs and initiatives based on key performance indicators. Provide recommendations and actionable insights that optimize results for future initiatives.
- Initiate and develop strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and executives to ensure support of PR initiatives and demonstrate ROI; initiate partnerships and collaborate across brands to leverage expertise, create alignment and maximize results.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders, supporting their communications needs and efforts.
- Help manage crises with the support of Sr. Director of Communications, providing counsel and working in partnership with the core crisis team to develop responses, foster cooperation, build trust and manage brand reputation.
What You Bring to the Team
- 7+ years of PR/Communications experience
- Excellent understanding of public relations, branding and communications principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen; strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and presentation skills; proven flawless execution; strong focus on results
- Ability to thrive in dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience managing outside agencies
- Self-starter and team player, assertive, highly collaborative, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business
- Experience using CMS preferred
- Restaurant experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel limited
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn